Amazon product photography
Product photography is the art of creating stunning images of products with the goal of selling them. There are many types and uses for this type of imagery, and Amazon product photography is one of the most popular. Amazon product photography is an important part of selling products on Amazon Marketplace, as it involves taking high-quality images of your products to showcase them to potential customers.
With such a large global reach, the number of businesses expanding on Amazon is growing by the day. The photos need to be visually appealing, informative and give a clear indication of what the product is about. The importance of Amazon product photography cannot be overstated. High-quality images help increase customer loyalty and trust and ultimately lead to a higher conversion rate.
If you are just getting started on this platform, you should know that Amazon has strict guidelines for the product images available on its marketplace. For this reason, we have put together some of our most effective tips to help you sell on Amazon in no time – let’s get started!
Tips to increase your conversion rate with Amazon product photography
Amazon product photography is an important factor when it comes to increasing conversion rates. With over 2.5 million active sellers on Amazon, you need to find a way to stand out from the competition while providing your customers with much-needed value. But how exactly can you adapt your product images to Amazon? Here’s the answer:
- Add variety by using different angles: by photographing your product from different angles, you’ll increase the versatility of your image gallery – at no additional cost. Show your customers how your product looks from different angles, as this technique helps them imagine the product in everyday scenarios and increases your chance of closing a sale.
- Optimize for mobile sales: more than half of people who store on Amazon do so from a smartphone. E-commerce sales from mobile devices are steadily increasing, so image optimization is an essential factor to consider. For this reason, it’s important to tailor your Amazon product photography to mobile shoppers.
- Use videos and animations to your advantage: Amazon product videos and animations are simply the best way to accurately showcase your product’s features and benefits. Investing a few extra dollars in creating engaging videos can help you stand out from other sellers on Amazon and help people connect more closely with your product.
- Show your product in lifelike settings: using lifestyle photos will take your presentation quite a bit further. Once you show your audience how other people use your product, they can imagine buying it and using it for their purposes. Whether you opt for simple props or a custom approach, you can put your customers in your reality and show them the real-life benefits of your product.
Amazon product images requirements
To successfully upload your product images to Amazon, you must meet certain requirements. Since Amazon has a demanding product image policy, you need to do your best to capture your ideal images within the restrictions. So, let us take a look at the product photography requirements on Amazon:
- Size: To ensure that all images on Amazon fit together, you need to edit the size of your image. As for the size of the image itself, Amazon requires sellers to use images with a minimum size of 1000 pixels on the longest side and at least 500 pixels on the shortest side.
- Format: Amazon supports 4 types of image formats: JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), GIF (.gif), and PNG (.png).
- Background: The background of your Amazon product images must be white (#FFFFFF) to give your catalog a clean and pristine look.
- Positioning: This is pretty obvious, but your product needs to be the focus of your image. According to Amazon’s guidelines, the item you are selling should be in the center of the photo and take up at least 85% of the image.
- Additional elements: To start selling on Amazon, your images must be free of any extra elements such as watermarks or text.
- Quality: The quality of your photographs must be high, as this is the main factor that draws customers closer to buying your product – to achieve this, read the following section.
Hiring a professional product photographer for Amazon
Hiring a professional photographer for Amazon product photography has great advantages. When preparing your product images for such an impressive e-commerce platform, you need to make sure that your content has no mistakes. That’s why we recommend putting some of your marketing funds into product photography.
With so many options available, you need to spend your money wisely. Traditional studios charge numerous additional fees these days, such as studio and equipment rental, travel and accommodation costs – not to mention the ever-increasing rates charged by photographers.
Fortunately, there are other cost-effective alternatives to getting your ideal Amazon product photography. Computer-generated imagery (CGI), for example, lets you create your own reality in 3D modelling software, cheaper and faster than ever before. Since all the work is done remotely behind a computer screen, you can create your lifelike marketing material in no time.
However, learning and mastering a software can take up a lot of your time, so you’re better off turning to a trusted CGI photography studio – we’re here for you! With 20 years of experience in Amazon product photography, we’ll make sure your online presence is at its best. When you work with us, you won’t have to worry about additional fees – you’ll only pay for the final images you receive. If you want to elevate your Amazon imagery to the next level, schedule your FREE consultation call now, and let’s discuss how we can help you sell more.
Conclusion and final thoughts on Amazon product photography
Amazon product photography is an essential component of a successful Amazon business. As the world’s leading online retailer, Amazon has become a highly competitive marketplace where sellers must stand out from the crowd. High-quality product images are one of the most effective ways for sellers to do just that.
Effective Amazon product photography should be clear, detailed, and visually appealing. Product images should show every angle of an item and highlight its unique features. In addition, it’s important to have high-resolution images, as they can help increase sales by giving customers a clear picture of what they are buying. Images are often a significant communication tool between sellers and their potential buyers. Therefore, investing in high-quality photos can make all the difference in increasing sales on Amazon.
If you are ready to start selling to Amazon’s large audience, kindly let us know how we can help you get your ideal Amazon visual content in a FREE consultation call.
What is Amazon product photography?
Amazon product photography consists of photographing and editing a product according to Amazon’s image guidelines. Learn more about how you can start selling on Amazon through stunning imagery in this article.
What are the requirements for Amazon product photography?
Amazon has many product photography requirements, such as size, format, positioning, and the list goes on.
How can I take high-quality product photos for Amazon?
There are many ways for you to shoot high-quality Amazon product images. To get the best results possible, we recommend you focus your efforts on the product and the lighting.